Thursday, November 25, 2010

Bania People Group - pt. 2

It is said: "If you give a Bania a handful of sand, he can turn it into gold." Banias have the reputation in Delhi and the rest of India as being "money-minded." Much o the typical Bania's life revolves around the idea that with money comes peace of mind and security. The majority of Banias are Hindus with a percentage of them following the Jain religion. For most Banias, God is seen as impersonal and even unknowable. There are over 22 million Banias in India. No known Christian churches made up of Bania-background believers exists.

Please ask God to give the Bania people hearts that seek an intimate knowledge of and relationship with Him! Pray that the Banias will discover what it means to be truly rich through at relationship with Jesus.

"I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart."
Jeremiah 24:7

No comments: